Here is a Father’s Day DIY we think your bearded daddy will love. Father’s Day is right around the corner and finding the perfect gift for your special dad can be a challenge, especially for the father that has everything! So here is an idea to get the kids involved in a gift dad will actually use and made completely by you.
This homemade beard balm is super easy to make and will save you lots of money over the expensive brands. The ingredients are very versatile and can be used for many other homemade beauty products.
Father’s Day DIY Beard Balm Ingredients
- Shea Butter
- Coconut Oil
- Jojoba Oil
- Sweet Almond Oil
- Essential Oil -Any of your choice…Get Creative!
- PLUS -1 tin or small mason jar
We recommend using organic products.
We choose a larger container to fill so we made a large batch of the balm, you can adjust the recipe to your needs. Basically the breakdown is super simple:
- 1 Part Beeswax (1 cup)
- 1 Part Shea Butter (1 cup)
- 1/2 Parts Cold-Pressed Coconut Oil (1/2 cup)
- 1 Part Jojoba (3 tablespoons)
- 1 Part Almond Oil (3 tablespoons)
- 15-20 drops of your favorite essential oil -We used a mix of Eucalyptus and Sandalwood
- Combine the Beeswax, Shea butter, Coconut oil, Jojoba oil and Almond oil in a tempered bowel or jar. We found it easier for measuring and melting to grate the beeswax.
- Create a double boiler -here is a simple explanation from POPSUGAR and stir constantly until all the ingredients have dissolved -at this point you can add you essential oils. TIP: We found using disposable chopsticks works best for stirring (a popsicle stick would also work).
- Fill your container
- Place in the fridge for 1-2 hours or longer if necessary
- Personalize with a label. We used a small mason jar and created a fitted label.
Finished product ready to enjoy!
Free Downloadable Template:
Check out Luhvee Books for other father’s day gift ideas.